Keeping Your Home Warm Without Breaking the Bank
During the cold winters in Milwaukee, WI, your home’s furnace is something you can’t live without. D&M Heating and Air Conditioning offer valuable furnace maintenance services to keep your home warm for your family while saving you money. Our team offers gas furnace maintenance and tune-ups to ensure your system is in proper working order and catch any minor issues before they become more significant and costly problems. Learn more about our AC and furnace maintenance services and get in touch with us today to request a quote.
What Is Furnace Maintenance?
Furnace maintenance is a service you might not realize you need until something goes wrong with your gas furnace. Just like your vehicle requires maintenance to run correctly and not break down, your home’s furnace needs to be tuned up and inspected yearly. Maintenance services will ensure your furnace operates efficiently. Our technicians perform a thorough inspection to catch any potential problems while they’re still easy and inexpensive to fix. Furnace maintenance may result in fewer emergencies or expensive repairs. We are proud to offer furnace maintenance tips for homeowners in our service area. We proudly service all of Milwaukee, Waukesha, and the surrounding areas, such as, but not limited to:
- New Berlin
- West Allis
- Oak Creek
- Hales Corners
- Whitefish Bay
Comprehensive Furnace Maintenance Services
Your home’s gas furnace works hard to keep you comfortable, and it requires some maintenance to ensure it’s doing its job correctly. Preventative furnace maintenance is strongly recommended for your safety, comfort, and budget. Our trained professionals thoroughly inspect all elements of your furnace and perform adjustments as necessary. Some of the benefits of preventative furnace maintenance include avoiding unnecessary repairs, extending the lifespan of your furnace, saving money on utility bills, and preventing carbon monoxide poisoning. Whether your home has a boiler or a furnace, our team will help you maintain your valuable investment. Check out some of the many services included in our furnace maintenance visits:
- Checking and cleaning motors
- Checking blower amp draw and inducer amp draw
- Checking thermostat operation
- Checking the filter and replacing it if needed
- Checking all wiring, pressure switches, and safeties
- Checking the condition of the heat exchangers
- Checking and cleaning the flame sensor
- Checking the venting, traps, and hoses
- Vacuuming out the unit
- Checking and cleaning the burners and pilot
- Checking and flushing the drain trap if applicable
- Testing for safe and proper operation of all furnace components
- Utilizing our furnace maintenance checklist
How Often Should I Change My Furnace Filters?
You should change your furnace filters on a regular basis. You should change a one-inch furnace filter once a month. High-efficiency furnace filters that are four inches or larger should be changed out every six to 12 months. You might want to change your furnace filter more often if you have allergies or pets or smoke indoors.
Signs You Require Furnace Repair
If you haven’t had your furnace maintained, it’s more likely to require repairs. The good news is that significant furnace repairs are often accompanied by some warning signs to help you catch the problem before it becomes so bad that you need a complete furnace replacement. It’s essential to know some common signs that you require furnace repair services, including:
- Lack of hot air – One of the most obvious signs that your furnace is not operating correctly is a system that is blowing cool air instead of warm air. Another sign that you have a problem is a furnace that does not warm your home sufficiently.
- Popping or squeaking noises – A furnace making loud popping, squeaking, banging, or clattering noises could be a sign that something is wrong with your system and requires a visit from our professionals.
- Gas odors – Most furnaces run on natural gas. While this is an effective way to heat your home, it also poses a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if things go wrong. Turn your heater off right away if you smell gas. Leave your home, turn off the gas, get to somewhere safe, and call your gas company.
- Turning off and on – As furnaces get past their prime, they tend to short cycle. This means they turn off and on frequently and are not effective at heating your home. This inefficient heating method will likely increase your utility bills.
Why Contact D&M Heating & Air Conditioning?
Now that you know how essential gas furnace maintenance is, you need to choose the right heating company to perform these valuable services. The team at D&M Heating and Air Conditioning offers heating tune-ups, maintenance, and inspections to help you keep warm while saving money. We would be happy to visit your home anywhere in the Greater Milwaukee area. Our local business is proud to be an authorized Carrier dealer, and we work on all HVAC systems. Contact us today to schedule furnace maintenance.
HVAC Installation and Service Area in the Greater Milwaukee Area
D&M HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLS, REPAIRS, AND MAINTAINS HVAC SYSTEMS IN MILWAUKEE COUNTY.
Because we are an authorized Carrier furnace dealer in Milwaukee, we maintain a stock of Carrier furnace parts for service and repair of all Carrier HVAC equipment.